Thursday, October 29, 2020

Do I Like Distance Learning 2.0?

"I do not like it at all."

By Chenoa S. (Advisory Journalism) 

(Photo: The Conversation - Fair Use) 


      I feel that it’s very unorganized and extremely slow in communication when reaching out to some
teachers. I also feel that some days it’s hard to focus, and it gets frustrating and makes you want to give up sometimes. I like the idea of Hybrid learning, not to just have that physical schoolmate feel - but some students might need that extra help to cope with their mental issues, and being able to leave home to connect with the community can be a start.

      I wish things online would get better, I also understand the seriousness of this virus and how many people and families it’s taken since the beginning of 2020. I have my dislikes online but, I also have a few positives it’s made within myself. It’s made me closer with family as far as spending time, it’s shown me away to become more responsible without the physical force of teachers and staff, and it’s also shown me I can learn online. 

     I really wish that SPPS talked to us, the students. 

     The small issues that’s not so good with online can become great if those things get addressed, I also put myself in some teachers shoes to try and understand it as a teachers stand point with communication for several kids and I agree it’s tuff. It’s a lot of negative and positive things about online learning and it’s unfortunate that starting my ninth grade year off in the center of a pandemic has been difficult but it's what we have to do as future leaders of this world. This would be great if the tech issues and communication with teachers were better. 

      I also understand that some kids including myself are used to having that physical one on one explanation for the assignment or more information about it and sometimes it’s hard to understand it online versus in class.

1 comment: